Monday, February 4, 2013

Time Flies

  Wow!  It has been an amazingly long time since I last posted, and I would feel guilty if anyone besides Chelsea* actually read this blog on a semi-regular basis.  Because it has been over a year, I'll give you a timeline update.  Quick refresher: In November 2011, I met Brandon and he's part of the reason I stopped having as much time to write.
  • February 2012 - I started working in a salaried Internet Sales Consultant position for a local car dealership.
  • April 2012 - Painting became a new hobby that I have spent far too much money on.  It's a wonderful pastime for evenings of watching 'Buffy: The Vampire Slayer' while Brandon plays hockey.  I'll post some pictures soon (hopefully) of some of my creations.  So far, I'm playing it safe and sticking to landscapes and flowers.
  • May 2012 - Brandon and I adopted a kitten, Salene, who has adapted well to living with the crazy dachshund babies, Ellie and Molly.
Salene, Molly, and Ellie having a snuggle while I painted.
  • May 2012 - Brandon and I bought our first home together.  A big step toward being responsible adults!
  • July 2012 - Brandon and I bought a new-to-us car and I bought my car (which was already mine) from my dad who had originally purchased it many years ago when I was 17.  So, now I'm 25 with a house, two cars, and various types of insurance, retirement plans, etc.  I suppose, I'm officially a grown-up.
  • September 2012 - Brandon took me to Nashville.  I'd never been before, but will definitely be looking forward to going back!  We were planning to go to the Nashville Predators hockey game, but because the NHL was in lockout we ended up shopping, site seeing, and walking a lot.  Being the huge goober that I am, I wore my newish boots that I'd had only a couple weeks...this was a big mistake.  We walked more than two miles from Honky Tonk Central
    to The Parthenon.  My feet were rather angry with me.
  • September 2012 - Brandon proposed!!  I was on the phone with my dad the evening after we returned from Nashville when I found my engagement ring hidden under my laptop.  Brandon knew I would come home and immediately get online, but he wasn't expecting me to be talking to my dad while this happened.  It was hilariously imperfect and wonderfully perfect at the same time.  I guess I should have known he was up to something when he so eagerly offered me a foot massage (which I did actually get after the proposal).
  • November 2012 - My birthday came back around as it has a tendency to do.  I'm 25 now, so I feel like I'm not a kid anymore - even though I do still look 16-years-old.
  • December 2012 - Brandon and I managed to both have four days off together for Christmas thanks to some schedule rearranging and a blizzard that trapped us in our house.  It made for a wonderful opportunity to watch all of the 'Harry Potter' movies and play NHL Monopoly which was Brandon's Christmas present from my dad.
  I have quite a lot to look forward to in the coming months, but I'll try to remember to post more than once per year.  I've been rather busy planning the wedding - even before the proposal we'd already decided on the date, venue, officiant, and DJ.  Here's a sneak peak into the next few months.
  • In March, Brandon and I are headed to Chicago for a weekend hockey tournament.  I'll get to see the green river for St. Patrick's day!  I'm hoping it'll just be cold instead of insanely freezing while we're there.
  • My sister is pregnant with her first son (also the first family grandbaby), and he'll be making his appearance sometime between now and April.  He's expected to be a preemie as she's only 6 months along and has gone into labor three times.  Please pray, send good vibes, or cross your fingers (whichever is your style) that my sister and her baby are happy and healthy.
  • Brandon and I are having a May wedding and still have a considerable amount of planning to do.  Decorations still need to be finalized as well as who is going to decorate for us.  I have no idea who is going to do my hair or how I'm having it done.  Neither of my sisters (bridesmaids) nor the mothers (mine and his) have dresses picked out, let alone ordered or altered.  My dress needs the train cut off and the hem redone.  Food and drinks need to be figured out as well.  We've not had engagement photos taken or ordered invitations.  Half the guest list (his half) doesn't even have addresses.  I haven't found the shoes I intend to wear.  The list continues, but I keep reminding myself that I got through college as a procrastinator who works well under high pressure.  (Deep breaths!)
  • Oh, then there's the honeymoon.  We haven't made any plans, but I won two "free" honeymoons through two different bridal shows, so that shouldn't be too difficult to take care of, in theory.  Mountains and/or the ocean will be involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment