Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Big Changes

Yesterday was a pretty great day all-in-all. I slept in until 8am which is pretty late for me, considering I'm usually up between 5:30-7am. The morning and afternoon were spent folding laundry and watching numerous hours of 'Buffy: The Vampire Slayer' - the latter part of that being exponentially better than the previous. Just before leaving to hostess at Biaggi's, I received a phone call from a staff member of Big Brothers Big Sisters...I finally have a Little Sister match, an 8-year-old who has been waiting two years for a Big Sister! Next Wednesday I'll get to meet her and her family and start making plans to hang out with her regularly. Now we all just need to cross our fingers that she has fun with me and I manage to in some way make a positive difference in her life.

In other news, I left my job at the sign shop (they threw me an awesome going away party with pizza, cupcakes, and chocolate chip cookie bars) and started as a full time Sales Associate at a local jewelry store. Having absolutely no knowledge of jewelry and very limited experience in sales, its a slow learning process. But, there is learning going on. My Team Members are all incredibly pleasant, encouraging, and patient. Although I'm working more hours, I feel productive and the time passes quickly. My commute is ten times the 2.5 minutes that it was to Signs By Design, but that means more time to sing in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment